Luxembourg and the United States are longstanding allies. The friendship between the two countries is strengthened by a shared commitment to advancing freedom and prosperity.
In 2018, there are more than 2,103Americans in Luxembourg. (Source Statec).
Interesting and notable Americans in Luxembourg:
- The American St. Nick – the World War II soldier who made sure the children of Wiltz celebrated St. Nicholas Day in 1944.
- Perle Mesta was the first American Ambassador to Luxembourg 1949-1953. She was known as the “hostess with the mostest”.
- International Bazaar : 2 “fun american” stands, one with typical food from America (home-made brownies). The other one for Christmas shopping : home decor, clothing …
- July 4, 1776 Independence Day Declaration of Independence
- Thanksgiving, the 4th thursday of November