Swedish population in Luxembourg : 1.787 in 2018 (source Statec.lu)
Swedish social networks in Luxembourg
The Swedish community in Luxembourg has a communication platform via Facebook, called ‘’Svenskar i Luxemburg’’.
Other Facebook pages that are good to know about are:
- Mums, Bumps & Babies Luxembourg: it’s a platform to get to know other mothers
- Kid’s corners, Buy, swap: sell your children’s clothes, toys and more
- Your trash, my treasure: a selling/buying page for the English-speaking community in or around Luxembourg
Traditional and recurrent swedish events in Luxembourg
Since Swedes also hold on to their traditions, especially when they move abroad,
- Santa Lucia or « Light celebration on December, 13th: young girls parade in the streets with bright crowns and distribute hot drinks and spiced rolls.
- Midsummer: highest point of summer which is celebrated throughout the country
- National Day: June 6, Rite of Gustav Vasa in 1523. Constitution of 1809.
- With the other nordic countries, Denmark, Norway or Finland, Sweden is represented at the International Bazaar: christmas decorations, specific scandinavian products and food.