Photos courtesy of: ZoRRaW photography
Hungarian population in Luxembourg: 1,828 in 2018 versus 935 in 2011 (source: Statec). The Hungarian community is an ever growing number and we also have to mention Hungarians working – and living their everyday life – in Luxembourg, but residing in the neighboring countries.
The Hungarians of Luxembourg have quite an active social, cultural and online community life.
Traditional and recurrent Hungarian (or Hungary related) events in Luxembourg
- International Bazar – Hungarian Stand (see the Facebook page) annual multicultural charity event organized some weeks before Christmas.
- CinEast Festival (and the Facebook page) which is the Central and Eastern European Film Festival in Luxembourg. It takes place every year during the fall.
- Hungarian parties twice a year at Crossfire bar (Facebook page)
- 15 March: “Nemzeti ünnep”: commemoration of Hungary’s independence in 1848
- 20 August: Feast of St Stephen, founder of the Kingdom of Hungary in 1000
Suggestions for Hungarian newcomers in Luxembourg
If you are a Hungarian newcomer in this country, we suggest you to start by discovering the following page, Facebook community, mailing lists and blog:
- Facebook page of the Hungarians in Luxembourg
- most essential mailing lists
- Üdvözlet Luxemburgból: a no longer active, but very informative recent blog by a Hungarian in Luxembourg
Further information related to Hungary and Hungarians in Luxembourg
We invite everyone to find out more of our references below.